This compliance code provides practical guidance on how to comply with your obligations under Victoria's occupational health and safety legislation to manage risks associated with hazardous manual handling.
This compliance code is particularly relevant if you are an employer, a designer of buildings and structures, or a designer, manufacturer or supplier of plant to be used at a workplace. It includes information on:
- what hazardous manual handling is
- who has duties associated with hazardous manual handling and what those duties are
- how employers can identify work that involves hazardous manual handling
- how employers can assess the risks
- practical measures employers can use to control risks
- how designers, manufacturers and suppliers can comply with their duties.