Applications must be made in writing to the National Competition Council and:
- comply with the National Gas Rules
- state the applicant's name and contact details
- identify the pipeline for which coverage is sought
- provide details of the pipeline's classification or, if there is no classification, the classification the applicant considers appropriate
- state the applicant's reasons for seeking coverage of the pipeline
- include any information or documents on which the applicant relies in support of the application.