You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that transports dairy food in bulk containers, typically from dairy farms to dairy manufacturers or processors.
To safeguard public health standards, registration of dairy food carriers is required to maintain industry standards for the production, manufacture, storage and transport of milk and dairy foods.
Dairy foods covers food products made from the milk of cows, goats, sheep or buffalo. It includes:
- milk and liquid milk products
- dried milk and dried milk products
- condensed milks
- cream and cream products
- butter, butter products, dairy blend and dairy spreads
- cheese and cheese products
- yoghurt and yoghurt products
- ice cream, reduced fat ice cream and low fat ice cream
- any other products or classes of products that are deemed to be dairy food.
Separate licensing requirements apply for dairy farming and the manufacture and distribution and sale of dairy products. Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.