You will need this licence to purchase dairy food for the purpose of distribution and sale or to own a business that operates a dairy distribution premises.
A dairy distribution premises is any premises where packaged dairy food is sold or distributed.
Dairy foods covers food products made from the milk of cows, goats, sheep or buffalo. It includes:
- milk and liquid milk products
- dried milk and dried milk products
- condensed milks
- cream and cream products
- butter, butter products, dairy blend and dairy spreads
- cheese and cheese products
- yoghurt and yoghurt products
- ice cream, reduced fat ice cream and low fat ice cream
- any other products or classes of products that are deemed to be dairy food.
This licence does not authorise you to farm, process or manufacture dairy products or sell by retail directly to the general public.