You will require this licence if you are the owner of any dairy manufacturing premises where milk is received from a dairy farm, or dairy food is manufactured or packed.
This licence does not authorise you to operate a dairy farm or sell dairy products by retail directly to the general public.
Dairy foods covers food products made from the milk of cows, goats, sheep or buffalo. It includes:
- milk and liquid milk products
- dried milk and dried milk products
- condensed milks
- cream and cream products
- butter, butter products, dairy blend and dairy spreads
- cheese and cheese products
- yoghurt and yoghurt products
- ice cream, reduced fat ice cream and low fat ice cream
- any other products or classes of products that are deemed to be dairy food.
You may be exempt from the requirement to hold this licence if your premises is:
- currently registered as a food business or licensed under meat or seafood legislation
- under that licence or registration you are required to have a quality assurance program or food safety program that adequately covers dairy food safety.