You will require this licence if you are the owner of any dairy manufacturing premises where milk is received from a dairy farm, or dairy food is manufactured or packed.
This licence does not authorise you to operate a dairy farm or sell dairy products by retail directly to the general public.
Dairy foods covers food products made from the milk of cows, goats, sheep or buffalo. It includes:
- milk and liquid milk products
- dried milk and dried milk products
- condensed milks
- cream and cream products
- butter, butter products, dairy blend and dairy spreads
- cheese and cheese products
- yoghurt and yoghurt products
- ice cream, reduced fat ice cream and low fat ice cream
- any other products or classes of products that are deemed to be dairy food.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.