Forest Reserve Grazing or Agistment Licence - Victoria


You will need this licence or permit to graze cattle on Crown land in a reserved forest. A licence or permit may authorise you to graze cattle (or graze cattle under agistment) on a specific area within a reserved forest. Land may also be leased from the Agency for a term up to twenty-one years.

You may be liable to pay rent or other charges for use of the land.

You must notify the Agency:

  • prior to bringing cattle in
  • within fourteen days of removing cattle.

It is prohibited to bring a bull into an area of reserved forest.

The Agency's written approval must also be obtained prior to mustering cattle that are depastured in an area of reserved forest.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Your application must:

  • include your name and address
  • specify the purpose for which the licence is required
  • specify the area for which the licence is required
  • provide any additional information relating to the application.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

Forests Act 1958 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

Forests (Licences and Permits) Regulations 2019 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Forests and Reserves

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.