To be eligible, you must:
- have your dog assessed against the Australian National Kennel Council Breed Standard by an approved assessor
- have had your hound microchipped
- be the owner of the hound being registered
- submit the required forms
- have your hound registered with your local council
- pay the prescribed fees.
Please note that hounds must be over the age of twelve months for registration, though you may apply for written authorisation to use a hound under the age of twelve months using the relevant form.