Licence or Lease of Emerald Tourist Railway Land - Victoria


You will need a licence or lease to conduct any business activities on land governed by the Emerald Tourist Railway Board. This Board is responsible for preservation, upkeep and development on the Puffing Billy railway.

A lease may be granted for one of the following purposes:

  • use of tourist buildings
  • storage
  • development and construction of new buildings.

A licence may be granted for any purpose but primarily for the following reasons:

  • the right of entry to a station by a vehicle
  • right to exhibit advertisements
  • the use of facilities or equipment.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Leases may be granted for a period of up to fifty years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

Emerald Tourist Railway Act 1977 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Parks Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.