You will require this licence if you intend to act as a judge at professional boxing or other combat sport contests such as kickboxing.
This requirement for all combat sport judges to be approved is part of the industry's objectives to:
- regulate professional boxing and combat sports activities
- reduce the risk of malpractice and corruption
- promote safety for all industry participants
The sports covered include:
- boxing, meaning fist fighting
- combat sports, meaning kickboxing or any sport or activity (other than boxing) in which each contestant in a contest or exhibition of that sport or activity is required to strike, kick, hit, grapple with, throw or punch the other contestant
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.