You will need this licence if you intend to act as a judge at professional boxing or other combat sport contests such as kickboxing.
This requirement for all combat sport judges to be approved is part of the industry's objectives to:
- regulate professional boxing and combat sports activities
- reduce the risk of malpractice and corruption
- promote safety for all industry participants.
The sports covered include:
- boxing, meaning fist fighting
- combat sports, meaning kickboxing or any sport or activity (other than boxing) in which each contestant in a contest or exhibition of that sport or activity is required to strike, kick, hit, grapple with, throw or punch the other contestant.