You will need this licence to drive a vehicle transporting dangerous goods. This applies to transporting:
- dangerous goods in a receptacle (container) with a capacity of up to 500 litres
- up to 500 kilograms of dangerous goods in a receptacle.
Dangerous goods include materials such as:
- flammable liquids (e.g. petrol, kerosene, turpentine, flammable paints)
- corrosives (e.g. hydrochloric acid)
- flammable gases (e.g. LP Gas)
- non-flammable non-toxic gases (e.g. carbon dioxide).
Please note that the vehicle used to transport the dangerous goods in bulk must be licensed.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.