New applicants need to contact an authorised licence assessor and complete a practical test (a list is available directly from the Agency). You will need to demonstrate the required standards for competency and safe operation of the plant or equipment. If you pass the test, you will then need to fill in an application form, attaching proof of your completed assessment.
To be eligible for a licence you must also:
- provide proof of identification
- be at least eighteen years old
- reside in Victoria or have good reasons for applying for a licence in Victoria
- show that all required training has been completed
- show that all competency assessments have been completed that are required for the class of work during your assessment
- pay any prescribed fees.
If you hold a licence in another State or Territory, and intend to conduct the work in Victoria your licensing status will be recognised under the mutual recognition system.