You will need this licence to transport explosives by road, boat or rail. Different requirements apply to road, rail and sea transport. Each road vehicle used must be licensed, and the driver must hold an explosives vehicle driver licence.
Explosives covered by this licence consist of any self-contained portable items of equipment of a reasonable size and volume designed to produce electric current for firing charges, and may include, but are not limited to, high explosives, detonating cords, safety fuses, detonators, propellants, boosters, and certain fireworks.
A licence is not required to transport small quantities of explosives or fireworks (an amount below the prescribed maximum quantity) if you either:
- hold a licence to sell explosives
- hold a licence to use blasting explosives
- hold a licence to use fireworks
- are transporting hazard or distress signals or emergency systems or devices
- are transporting consumer fireworks for your own use
- will be transporting the explosives over private property only, and not by road.