Licensing or Leasing Land in Alpine Resorts - Victoria


You may need a lease or licence to use land in an Alpine resort area. This includes use of the land for the purposes of electricity generation and distribution.

Alpine resort areas are areas of Crown land (public land) in the Alpine region of Victoria which have been set aside for use as a resort. There are six alpine resort areas in Victoria:

  • Falls Creek
  • Lake Mountain
  • Mount Baw Baw
  • Mount Buller
  • Mount Hotham
  • Mount Stirling.

Each Alpine resort is managed by its own Resort Management Board. Land can only be leased or licensed for purposes that are consistent with an Alpine resort areas status as a reserve.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the specific Alpine Resort Management Board for details regarding fees.


Act(s) name

Alpine Resort (Management) Act 1997 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

Alpine Resorts (Management) Regulations 2020 Victoria

Application process


Please consult directly with the relevant Alpine Resort Management Board.

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Forests and Reserves

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.