You will require a licence to operate a vehicle that transports meat
or seafood for human consumption. This vehicle must be inspected prior
being granted a licence.
A transport vehicle will not require this
licence if it is used only for:
- the transportation of pet food containing meat
- transporting carcasses or meat from a retail butcher shop to a retail customer
- carrying meat in cartons to cold stores or wharves (and is a refrigerated taut liner vehicle)
- conveying meat within a meat processing facility
- conveying meat that is not for sale.
You do not need this licence if your vehicle is currently licensed in another State or Territory.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.