You will require a licence to operate a vehicle that transports meat
or seafood for human consumption. This vehicle must be inspected prior
being granted a licence.
A transport vehicle will not require this
licence if it is used only for:
- the transportation of pet food containing meat
- transporting carcasses or meat from a retail butcher shop to a retail customer
- carrying meat in cartons to cold stores or wharves (and is a refrigerated taut liner vehicle)
- conveying meat within a meat processing facility
- conveying meat that is not for sale.
You do not need this licence if your vehicle is currently licensed in another State or Territory.