You will need this clearance to work in a risk assessed role for a NDIS registered provider, including:
- volunteer workers
- workers engaged through third party labour-hire agencies
- sole traders, who for the purpose of the NDIS check are both the supplier and the employee.
There are three types of risk assessed roles:
- key personnel like a CEO or board member
- any role that delivers a set of specified supports or services - please see the attached 'NDIS (Practice Standards - Worker Screening) Rules 2018' for a full list of services
- any role where normal duties are likely to require 'more than incidental contact' with people with a disability.
If you already had a safety screening check before the NDIS check came into effect, there are transitional arrangements in place. The transitional arrangements which apply to you will depend on which safety screening checks you had through your organisation before 1 February. Please contact the Department for more information.
The NDIS Check does not replace Victoria's Working with Children (WWC) Check.