Notification of Unclaimed Monies - Victoria


You will need to comply with this lodgement if your business holds any unclaimed money.

General unclaimed money is any amount of $20 or more that is legally payable to an owner but has not been paid for 12 months or longer (as of 1 March of that year). This includes:

  • share dividends
  • salaries and wages
  • rent and bonds
  • debenture and interest
  • unpresented cheques
  • trust money.

Principal and interest are treated as one sum.

Service type

Advisory Material

Advisory material provides advice and guidance in undertaking a business.

Act(s) name

Unclaimed Money Act 2008 Victoria

Lodgement process


By 31 March each year, you will need to:

  • create a register of unclaimed money
  • enter details of all unclaimed money held at 1 March into the register.

By 31 May each year, you must:

  • complete the online Statement of Compliance
  • attach the register of all unclaimed money
  • submit the Statement of Compliance
  • pay the unclaimed money stated.

Administering agency

Department of Treasury and Finance

State Revenue Office

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.