You will need this permit if you intend to buy, plant, transport, sell or import noxious weeds or their seeds.
A plant species may be declared a noxious weed if it poses an actual or potential serious threat to primary production, Crown Land, the environment or community health. A species may be declared in one of four categories:
- state prohibited
- regionally prohibited
- regionally controlled
A permit is also required to:
- sell or move soil, sand, gravel or rock that could contain noxious weeds
- sell fodder or grain which may contain seeds or other parts of noxious weeds
- deposit a noxious weed or noxious weed seeds that are capable of germinating on land
- sell or hire machinery or substances for use in primary production that contain seeds or other parts of a noxious weed
- sell an animal that is carrying seeds of a noxious weed.