Noxious Weed Permit - Victoria


You will need this permit if you intend to buy, plant, transport, sell or import noxious weeds or their seeds.

A plant species may be declared a noxious weed if it poses an actual or potential serious threat to primary production, Crown Land, the environment or community health. A species may be declared in one of four categories:

  • state prohibited
  • regionally prohibited
  • regionally controlled
  • restricted.

 A permit is also required to:

  • sell or move soil, sand, gravel or rock that could contain noxious weeds
  • sell fodder or grain which may contain seeds or other parts of noxious weeds
  • deposit a noxious weed or noxious weed seeds that are capable of germinating on land
  • sell or hire machinery or substances for use in primary production that contain seeds or other parts of a noxious weed
  • sell an animal that is carrying seeds of a noxious weed.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • state the acts and people that this permit will apply to
  • comply with all conditions
  • pay the required fee if applicable.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for further information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Agriculture Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.