You may require this permit if you intend to hold an event or festival in a national park or state forest. A permit in a national park is required for the following kinds of organised events involving 30 or more people:
- entertainment or a show
- a festival, fete or public meeting
- a demonstration or training class
- a car rally, fishing competition or other competitive event
- a wedding or other ceremony.
A permit is required in a forest reserve or forest park for the following types of events involving 30 persons or more:
- an organised entertainment, sporting or recreational function
- a rally, festival, tour or fete
- a public meeting or similar event.
A forest permit is only available for non-profit events and festivals. A commercial activities permit or licence is required if you intend to run a commercial event in a state forest.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.