Permission to Use a State Observation Bore - Victoria


You will need this approval to take water from a State Observation Bore that is located on your property. A State Observation Bore is used to monitor the level, quality and quantity of groundwater.

As the owner of occupier of the land, you have the right to take water, free of charge, from a state observation bore located on your property for domestic or stock use.

However, before exercising this right, you must first obtain the written permission of the responsible Agency.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible agency for further information on requirements for this permission.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Water Act 1989 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Water and Catchments

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.