You will require this permit if you intend to use, explore or recover historic shipwrecks or relics (including shipwrecks or relics in protected zones). You will also require this permit if you intend to:
- use an historic shipwreck relic for the purposes of study, conservation or exhibition
- buy or exchange a historic shipwreck relic of remove one from Victoria
- dispose of a historic shipwreck relic.
A historic shipwreck relic means:
- an article that appears to have formed part of a ship, been installed or carried on a ship, or been constructed or used by a person associated with a ship, and includes any marine concretions and accretions that have become attached to the article
- is seventy-five years old or more
- the article is included in the Heritage Register, or is provisionally registered in the Heritage Register.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.