Permit to Conduct an Event on Public Land - Baw Baw Shire Council - Victoria


You will need this permit if you intend to conduct an event on a road, reserve, park or other public land. Types of events that may need this permit include:

  • circuses
  • carnivals
  • festivals
  • processions
  • gatherings
  • street parties.

If your event will be held on a road, you will need to notify Victoria Police and the relevant council (for local roads) or VicRoads (for major roads and freeways).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please note that you will be required to have adequate public liability insurance.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $1004.80

Recreation reserves events per day. Fees for 2024-25

Please consult the responsible council for specific information on other fees to be submitted with your application.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2020 Victoria

Application process


Please complete and submit the Event Application, determine any permits that you may require and submit the application directly with Council. You will need to attach a site plan, risk assessment, Certificate of Currency and Certificate of Occupancy.

Approval time

All event applications must be submitted at least two months before the event. Approval normally takes approximately twenty-one days.

Additional information

If you intend to erect structures for your event, you may require other permits. A liquor licence will be required if liquor is to be consumed.

Administering agency

Baw Baw Shire Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.