Permit to Conduct an Event on Public Land - Kingston City Council - Victoria


You will need this permit if you intend to conduct an event on a road, reserve, park or other public land. Types of events that may need this permit include:

  • circuses
  • carnivals
  • festivals
  • processions
  • gatherings
  • street parties.

If your event will be held on a road, you will need to notify Victoria Police and the relevant council (for local roads) or VicRoads (for major roads and freeways).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please note that you will be required to have adequate public liability insurance.

Please consult the responsible council for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.


If no expiry date is indicated on a permit, the permit expires on 30 June next after the day on which it is raised.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All -

For all other types of events, please consult the responsible council for specific information on fees to be submitted with your application.

Apply Application All $280.00

Hold a wedding on a beach. Fees for 2020-21.

Apply Application All $545.00

Use of reserves and foreshores for commercial activities (triathlons) per day. Fees for 2020-21.

Apply Application All $600.00

Commercial events per day for the use of foreshores and commercial activities. Fees for 2020-21.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2020 Victoria

Local law(s) name

Community Local Law 1 2015

Application process


Event Notifications, using the prescribed form, should be forwarded in writing at least 60 days prior to the event.

Lodgement process


Please lodge application, fees and any associated documentation directly with the Council.

Approval time

Your application needs to be submitted at least thirty days for a private event or forty-five days for a public event prior to the event being held.

Additional information

If you intend to erect structures for your event, you may require other permits. A liquor licence will be required if liquor is to be consumed.

Administering agency

Kingston City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Community Events Coordinator

Kingston City Council

Operating address: 1230 Nepean Highway
Cheltenham, Victoria 3192
Mailing address: PO BOX 1000
Mentone, Victoria 3194
Website: Kingston City Council (Opens in new window)