Permit to Create or Interfere with a Vehicle Crossing - Colac Otway Shire - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to create or interfere with a vehicle crossing. A vehicle crossing is the portion of a property's driveway located between the edge of the road and the property boundary that allows vehicular access to a property from a carriageway.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the council for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Please note that you will be required to have adequate public liability insurance ($10 million minimum)


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible council for specific information on fees to be submitted with your application.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2020 Victoria

Road Management Act 2004 Victoria

Local law(s) name

General Local Law 2 2013

Application process


You may submit your application by:

  • Mailing the form with your cheque or money order (no cash) to the Council;
  • Paying the fee with your credit card over the phone (your completed form will need to be faxed to Council); or
  • Bringing your form and payment to either of Council?s Customer Service Centres.

Administering agency

Colac Otway Shire

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.