Permit to Fly Drones Commercially in National Parks - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to use a drone to film for commercial purposes on Parks Victoria managed land. Commercial purposes include film and / or photography for any part of your trade or business, or a wedding or portrait photographer.

Local Councils may impose restriction on drone use.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible to apply, you must:

  • hold a Unmanned Aviation Vehicle (UAV) / Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Controllers Licence
  • hold a UAV / RPA Operator's Certificate issued by CASA
  • have a Certificate of Currency of UAV / RPA Liability Insurance.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.


Act(s) name

National Parks Act 1975 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

National Parks Regulations 2013 Victoria

Approval time

Minimum of 20 business days

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

Parks Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.