Permit to Graze Animals on Road Verges - Colac Otway Shire - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to graze horses, cattle, pigs, goats, sheep or other livestock on any land under council control.

You may require the owner's permission where grazing of stock is taking place adjacent to their land.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please refer to the Fact Sheet for full details and requirements of this permit.

Please note that you will be required to have adequate public liability insurance ($10 million minimum).


Permits are available for a period of six to twelve months.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

There are no fees.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2020 Victoria

Local law(s) name

Livestock Local Law 3 2013

Lodgement process


Please lodge your application and associated documentation directly with Council.

Application process


You will need to attach a map showing the proposed grazing route, and proof of your public liability insurance.

Approval time

At least 14 days prior to commencement of the activity.

Administering agency

Colac Otway Shire

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.