Permit to Keep General Livestock - Glenelg Shire Council - Victoria


You will require this permit if you wish to keep any large birds (including emus, ostriches and turkeys), horses or donkeys, cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, roosters, camels, or other agricultural animals.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible council for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $28.00

Fees for 2023-24

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2020 Victoria

Local law(s) name

General Local Law 2018

Administering agency

Glenelg Shire Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.