Permit to Moor a Vessel - Kingston City Council - Victoria


You may require a permit to moor any vessel within council specified areas.

For the purposes of this permit a vessel is defined as anything that is capable of being used in navigation by water however propelled or moved and includes barges and floating restaurants.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

In B Section (between the Nepean Highway bridge and the railway bridge) boats must be able to pass under the Nepean Highway Bridge and be no longer than 24ft.

Please refer to the Council for details of any other specific requirements for this permit.


As specified on the permit.


If no expiry date is indicated on a permit, the permit expires on 30 June next after the day on which it is raised.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible council for specific information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2020 Victoria

Application process


To apply, please complete the application form but do not fill in the mooring number, which will be allocated to you. Owners should inspect moorings before lodging applications.

Administering agency

Kingston City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information