Permit to Move Material Into or From a Control Area - Victoria


You will require this permit if you intend to move plants, plant products, package or equipment in a control area. These restrictions have been introduced to prevent the spread of pests and diseases.

A control area is any area that the agency specifies to have restricted movement in and out of. The purpose of a control area is to contain or stop the spread of diseases and pests.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • apply using the prescribed form
  • provide details of the plant or plant produce you intend on moving, including type, quantity, where it is coming from and going to
  • provide details of transportation method if required
  • provide any other information or documentation required by the agency
  • pay the prescribed fees.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

There may also be controls on the interstate export of prescribed materials, as each State and Territory has its own requirements which must be met.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult with the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

Plant Biosecurity Act 2010 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

Plant Biosecurity Regulations 2016 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Agriculture Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.