You will require this permit if you intend to undertake certain activities in local government reserves, parks, beaches, foreshores, golf courses, shopping precincts, pedestrian malls or other public land use areas.
These activities include, but are not limited to:
- using or controlling a powered or non-powered model aircraft or toy
- riding or driving a vehicle
- landing or taking off in an airborne vehicle
- fishing and swimming
- private events, such as weddings or parties
- selling livestock on council land
- offering recreational services for sale or hire
- destroying, damaging, or interfering with anything from a shopping precinct or mall
- lighting a fire or barbecue
- disrupting the flow of pedestrian traffic
- conducting tours
- any commercial activity not covered by another permit.
Reserves are defined as any land that is owned, occupied or controlled by your local council and is dedicated or used for cultural, recreational or entertainment purposes.
Structures, fixtures, fittings and any gardens on the reserve are also included under this permit.