You will be required to apply for this permit if you intend to use fire on days of high fire danger.
permit is only required for days that are notified as high fire danger periods and will only be granted for necessary commercial, entertainment,
religious or cultural activities.
Activities that require a permit include:
- welding, cutting and / or grinding
- heating and spreading of bitumen and similar substances
- use of blow lamps or gas torches
- use of a safety fuse in blasting operations
- use of emergency flares at civil and military aerodromes
- use of a flare at a petroleum fractionation plant, a gas plant or any plant of a similar nature
- industrial heat testing
- use of fire for loading, unloading or working bees (apiarists)
- use of a fire in the open air for the cooking of food by a caterer
- lighting a fire for the purpose of public entertainment (fire works)
- operation of a sawmill waste and refuse burner
- use of LPG burners for hot air ballooning.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.