You will be required to comply with this code if you wish to undertake plumbing activities within Victoria.
The Plumbing Code of Australia covers the technical provisions for the design, construction, installation, replacement, repair alteration and maintenance of:
- water services
- sanitary plumbing and drainage systems
- stormwater drainage systems
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- on-site wastewater management systems
- on-site liquid trade waste management systems.
The Plumbing Industry Commission, through the Plumbing Regulations, has modified the Code. These changes include:
- not adopting work or design that relates to a subsoil drain as part of the Code
- not adopting the design, construction, replacement of stormwater pits, below-ground storage or retention tanks as part of the Code
- changing all references to a plumbing or drainage installation as a plumbing or drainage system.