To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a fit and proper person
- be a resident of Australia or hold a visa with work rights
- undergo a national police check
- not be insolvent under administration
- not have been declared bankrupt within the preceding five years
- not have been convicted of an indictable offence within the preceding ten years
- not have been found guilty of an indictable offence within the preceding five years that was not recorded
- not have been convicted of any serious offence which makes you an unsuitable person to hold a private security licence.
You must also provide:
- personal information forms for all relevant people connected to the business
- details of your qualifications, competencies, training, knowledge or experience
- membership to an approved security industry organisation
- a passport-sized colour photograph of the nominated person
- a certificate for public liability insurance.
You will need to provide certified copies of International Police Checks from any other country you have resided in for a period of more than 12 months over the previous 10 years since turning 16 years of age.
Depending on the nature of your application or your individual circumstances, you may be asked to provide additional information. Please review 'Applying for a New Private Security Licence or Registration' for more information.