To be eligible for this registration you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a resident of Australia or hold a visa with work rights
- be a fit and proper person
- undergo a National Police Check
- not be insolvent or under administration
- not have been declared bankrupt within the preceding five years
- not have been convicted of an indictable offence within the preceding ten years
- not have been found guilty of an indictable offence within the preceding five years that was not recorded.
You must also provide:
- personal information forms for all relevant people connected to the business
- details of your qualifications, competencies, training, knowledge or experience
- membership to an approved security industry organisation
- a passport-sized colour photograph of the nominated person
- a certificate for public liability insurance.
You will need to provide certified copies of International Police Checks from any other country you have resided in for a period of more than 12 months over the previous 10 years since turning 16 years of age.
Depending on the nature of your application or your individual circumstances, you may be asked to provide additional information. Please review 'Applying for a New Private Security Licence or Registration' for more information.
The registration system focuses on probity and character requirements. The probity requirements for registration involve applicants and associated parties undergoing a criminal history check and ongoing monitoring throughout the lifetime of their registration. Persons with indictable offences may be ineligible to obtain registration.