To be eligible for this licence, you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a resident of Australia or hold a visa with work rights
- undergo a national police check
- be a fit and proper person (this includes not having any medical condition or history with police that would hinder your employment within the industry)
- complete relevant training in the activities you wish to be licensed for
- not be insolvent under administration
- not have been declared bankrupt within the preceding five years
- not have been convicted of an indictable offence within the preceding ten years.
You must also provide:
- details of your qualifications, competencies, training, knowledge or experience
- membership to an approved security industry organisation
- a passport-sized colour photograph of the nominated person
- a certificate for public liability insurance.
You will need to provide certified copies of International Police Checks from any other country you have resided in for a period of more than 12 months over the previous 10 years since turning 16 years of age.
Depending on the nature of your application or your individual circumstances, you may be asked to provide additional information. Please review 'Applying for a New Private Security Licence or Registration' for more information.