You will require a permit to enter the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail if you intend to operate commercial activities in areas restricted by the local council.
A permit may be issued with restrictions or denied if you:
- possess any glass vessel or utensil
- use or leave a vehicle standing
- intend on operating any model airborne vehicle, or wind powered airborne recreational craft (including kites)
- plan on camping, or erecting structures of any kind
- engage in any games or sports
- operate machinery and / or power tools
- possess alcohol
- plan to bring animals or livestock into the area.
The council may deem that flora, fauna, geographical or geomorphological features or cultural values may be at risk, and deny a permit.
If council finds an area may pose a risk to the public they will deny a permit in the interest of public safety.