To be considered for this permit you must make an application to the Secretary of the Agency, who must be satisfied that you meet the following specified eligibility criteria:
- be carrying out an activity on behalf of an institution (tertiary education, scientific, research) or public museum and the work is directly related to the work of that institution or museum
- be a tertiary education student and the activity is directly related to research being carried out
- be authorised to conduct an aquaculture activity that relates to the protected aquatic biota and the permit will facilitate that activity
- be responsible for the preparation of an environment effects statement or a supplementary statement and the activity is necessary for or related to the preparation of that statement
- be authorised under coastal legislation to carry out a dredging operation that may affect the protected aquatic biota.
Permits can only be issued in accordance with the PAB Policy Statement. People wishing to apply for a PAB permit are advised to review the policy statement before submitting an application.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.