State Game Reserve Activity Permit - Victoria


You will need this permit to conduct certain activities within a state game reserve.These activities include:

  • interfering with animals
  • feeding animals
  • bringing animals into a reserve
  • using or carrying poisons and traps
  • possessing or carrying a firearm or bow
  • interfering with rocks or natural objects
  • using noisy devices or equipment
  • engaging in sport or recreational activities
  • conducting organised events
  • conducting commercial activities
  • placing or distributing advertising material
  • conducting commercial filming and photography
  • using an aircraft.

There are exemptions to when a dog may be brought into a state game reserve without a permit. These exemptions apply when:

  • the dog is the person's assistance dog
  • the dog is brought into an area specified as a dog area
  • the dog is confined in a vehicle
  • it is open season for game ducks or stubble quail and the dog is a gun dog.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

Wildlife Act 1975 Victoria

Regulation(s) name

Wildlife (State Game Reserves) Regulations 2014 Victoria

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Plants and Animals

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.