Total Fire Ban Permit - Victoria


You will need this permit if you intend to work with fire on days of Total Fire Ban.

Types of activities that will require this permit include:

  • welding, cutting or grinding
  • heating and spreading bitumen and similar substances
  • using a blow lamp or gas torch
  • using a safety fuse in blasting operations
  • using emergency flares at civil or military aerodromes
  • using a flare at a petroleum fractionation plant, a gas plant or any plant of a similar nature
  • industrial heat testing
  • using fire for loading, unloading or working bees (apiarists)
  • using a fire in the open air for the cooking (caterers)
  • lighting a fire for the purpose of public entertainment (fireworks)
  • operating a sawmill waste and refuse burner
  • using LPG burners for hot air ballooning.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Applications for a Total Fire Ban day permit can only be considered for specified purposes:

  • carrying out necessary work or business activity
  • public entertainment
  • religious or cultural purposes.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Country Fire Authority Act 1958 Victoria

Application process


The CFA states that applicants should aim to submit their applications by September each year.

Approval time

Please allow a minimum of one week.

Administering agency

Country Fire Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.