You will need this permit if you intend to work with fire on days of Total Fire Ban.
Types of activities that will require this permit include:
- welding, cutting or grinding
- heating and spreading bitumen and similar substances
- using a blow lamp or gas torch
- using a safety fuse in blasting operations
- using emergency flares at civil or military aerodromes
- using a flare at a petroleum fractionation plant, a gas plant or any plant of a similar nature
- industrial heat testing
- using fire for loading, unloading or working bees (apiarists)
- using a fire in the open air for the cooking (caterers)
- lighting a fire for the purpose of public entertainment (fireworks)
- operating a sawmill waste and refuse burner
- using LPG burners for hot air ballooning.