You will require this licence if you intend to use, handle or manipulate radiation sources such as radioactive substances or radiation apparatus. Radiation sources include:
- radioactive material
- ionising and non-ionising radiation apparatus (tanning units exempt)
- sealed source apparatus.
Typical occupations that may require this licence include, but are not limited to:
- general medical practitioners
- medical specialists
- nurses (working in remote areas)
- nuclear medicine physicians
- radiographers (medical / industrial)
- service engineers
- borehole loggers
- tertiary lecturers.
A use licence will have conditions defining the types of radiation sources that are permitted to be used.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.