** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Use or Develop Coastal Crown Land - Victoria


You will need written permission to use or develop coastal Crown land for any purpose. Coastal Crown land is any Crown land within 200 metres of the water, as well as the sea-bed of coastal waters within Victorian jurisdiction.

Development on coastal Crown land includes:

  • the construction or alteration of a building
  • demolition of any structure
  • carrying out any construction or works.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.

Act(s) name

Marine and Coastal Act 2018 Victoria

Approval time

Within 28 days

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action

Land Management Policy Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.