You will need this licence if you produce beer, wine, cider, brandy or spirits and you intend to sell alcohol on your premises.
A producers licence authorises you to:
- supply your own alcoholic products to other licence holders
- supply your own alcoholic products at your premises for take away sale
- supply liquor for consumption on your premises
- deliver your own packaged products to customers
- sell your own alcoholic products from an additional retail premises
- supply liquor by orders placed online.
Examples of businesses that will need this licence include wineries and boutique breweries. This licence may also be appropriate for large winemakers with cellar door, mail order, internet or wholesale sales services.
Please note that to sell your product at farmers markets, festivals and other promotional events you will need to apply for a promotional event authorisation. This is a special endorsement that applies to your licence and allows you to attend as many promotional events as you wish, subject to certain restrictions.