To be eligible for this permit, you must:
- submit the approved form
- state the period for which the exemption is sought
- include a letter from a competent person explaining the reason for granting the exemption
- pay the prescribed fee.
A competent person can be either a:
- speech pathologist
- doctor who has known the driver for more than two years
- literacy, language and numeracy practitioner
- person who is qualified to assess the driver's English literacy.
You must carry this exemption permit with you when you are driving. Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.