You need this permit if you intend to conduct works and activities in, under, on or over the bed and banks of designated waterways. Works and / or activities that require a permit include:
- access crossings including bridges, culverts and fords
- services / utility crossings
- stormwater outlets
- stabilisation works such as bank protection, battering and retaining structures
- vegetation and debris removal
- sand and gravel extraction.
You must apply to the relevant Catchment Management Authority.