Works on Waterways Permit - Victoria


You need this permit if you intend to conduct works and activities in, under, on or over the bed and banks of designated waterways. Works and / or activities that require a permit include:

  • access crossings including bridges, culverts and fords
  • services / utility crossings
  • stormwater outlets
  • stabilisation works such as bank protection, battering and retaining structures
  • vegetation and debris removal
  • sand and gravel extraction.

You must apply to the relevant Catchment Management Authority.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees may vary. Please contact the responsible agency for more information.

Act(s) name

Water Act 1989 Victoria

Administering agency

VIC Catchments

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.