WorkSafe Victoria Healthcare Assessments - Service Provider Registration - Victoria


As a healthcare professional registered with WorkSafe Victoria, you are approved to provide effective treatment and advice to help injured workers manage their injury or illness and safely return to work. Injured workers seeking treatment for a work-related injury or illness are able to choose their own healthcare professional; however only healthcare professionals registered with WorkSafe can receive payment for services.

A WorkSafe healthcare provider number will be allocated to you as a healthcare professional according to specific criteria (including qualifications) so you may be entitled to receive compensation for your service. There are two types of healthcare services that WorkSafe can pay for: Primary Contact Services and Referred Services.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

A provider of reasonable medical and like services to WorkSafe claimants must satisfy the relevant qualification requirements in their appropriate discipline. To become a registered Health Care Assessment Service Provider of services to injured workers, health care providers need to complete an application form relevant to the health care service they provide.

A copy of your professional indemnity insurance and any relevant proof of capability documents must also be included with your application (registered medical practitioners and registered physiotherapists are exempt). Please review the attached documents and the Agency's website for further details relevant to your application.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

You must abide by all healthcare industry codes and standards of practice. WorkSafe may also have specific policies on the provision of healthcare equipment and specific payment criteria related to your discipline.


Ongoing, subject to assessment


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Act(s) name

Accident Compensation Act 1985 Victoria

Additional information

Primary contact services are healthcare services that an injured worker can use without a referral from a medical practitioner, and include chiropractic, dental, medical, osteopathy, optometry, physiotherapy and podiatry.

Referred services are healthcare services that require a medical practitioner's referral, such as acupuncture, attendant care, dietetics, exercise physiology, hearing services, household help, loss and grief counselling, naturopathy, nursing, occupational therapy, pharmacy, psychology, remedial exercise and massage, social work, and speech pathology.

Administering agency

Department of Treasury and Finance

WorkSafe Victoria

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.