Assurance Certificates - Victoria


You will require this certificate if you intend to export, move or possess prescribed material. Prescribed material means any of the following:

  • plant or plant products
  • use packaging or equipment
  • soil, rock or other earth material
  • beehives.

An Assurance Certificate is issued by an accredited person to facilitate the export of plants and plant materials. These are used to certify compliance with quarantine conditions specified by another State, before movement into that State.

An Assurance Certificate sets out the following details:

  • the person to whom plant material is being delivered
  • grower or packer of the plant material
  • quality, type and origin of plant material
  • condition, treatment and testing on plant material
  • accreditation number of Assurance Certificate issuer.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Company, Partnership, Trust, Incorporated Association, Other, Co-operative

Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.


Task Resources
Apply Application for Assurance Certificates - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.

Administering agency

Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Licensing Officer

Mailing address: PO Box 2500
Bendigo, Victoria
Phone: 13 61 86
Fax: 03 9210 9396