Licensing or Leasing Land in Alpine Resorts - Victoria


You may require a lease or licence if you intend to use land in an Alpine resort area. This includes use of the land for the purposes of electricity generation and distribution.

Alpine resort areas are areas of Crown land (public land) in the Alpine region of Victoria which have been set aside for use as a resort. There are six alpine resort areas in Victoria:

  • Falls Creek;
  • Lake Mountain;
  • Mount Baw Baw;
  • Mount Buller;
  • Mount Hotham; and
  • Mount Stirling.

Each Alpine resort is managed by its own Resort Management Board.

Land can only be leased or licensed for purposes that are consistent with an Alpine resort areas status as a reserve.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Company, Partnership, Trust, Incorporated Association, Other, Co-operative

Please consult the specific Alpine Resort Management Board for details regarding fees.


Task Resources
Apply Application for Licensing or Leasing Land in Alpine Resorts - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning

Forestry and Land Use

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.


Operating address: 8 Nicholson Street
East Melbourne, Victoria, 3002
Mailing address: PO Box 500
East Melbourne, Victoria, 3002
Phone: 13 61 86