You will require this registration if you intend to operate as a private security professional that offers the following services:
- security adviser (employed or retained to provide advice in relation to security equipment or security methods or principles)
- security equipment installer (employed or retained to install, repair, service or maintain security equipment).
Security equipment includes:
- security camera or audio systems
- security audio or visual recording systems
- security alarms and alarm monitoring systems
- safes and vaults
- security intrusion detectors including motion, infra-red, microwave or contact detectors
- electric, electro-mechanical, magnetic, or biometric access control devices, but not including stock, inventory or product loss prevention monitoring devices.
Registration authorises you to access and collect sensitive information about the personal and security arrangements of your clients.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.