Approval for Activities in Marine and Harbour Departmental Areas - Western Australia


You may need this approval if you intend to undertake activities in a departmental area. A departmental area is an area controlled by the Agency and includes certain waters, shores and seabeds. Certain marine areas have been placed under the control of the Agency for the purpose of regulating marine and port affairs and navigation.

You may need approval to do the following activities in departmental areas:

  • park a vehicle
  • drive or ride a vehicle
  • swim or dive into any waters
  • permit an animal on a jetty
  • erect an installation or structure on a departmental area or on departmental land for the purpose of carrying on the business of fuelling
  • carry on the business of fuelling.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Marine and Harbours Act 1981 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Marine and Harbours (Departmental Areas) Regulations 1998 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Transport


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.