You will need this approval if you intend to add, modify or replace fittings, fixtures or pipes connected to the water services infrastructure of water services licensee. Prescribed fixtures, fittings and pipes include:
- baths, basins, sinks, laundry troughs, shower recess bases
- fittings, fixtures or pipes manufactured under or supplied under a StandardsMark licence or a WaterMark licence granted by Standards Australia as a water or sanitary plumbing product intended for use in plumbing installations.
Water services works include:
- water supply, sewerage and drainage assets and infrastructure
- surveys, excavations, structures and buildings provided or used by the Water Authority in the provision of any water service
- plant, equipment and structures attached to or associated with any of the above.
You will not need this approval if you intend to work on irrigation infrastructure and work using fittings and fixtures that have been prescribed under the regulations.
The relevant water services licensee may be the WA Water Corporation, your local council or a private corporation.
Please consult the Contact Officer for further information on this approval or to find out who is your relevant water services licensee.