Approval to Conduct an Event on Local Government Property - City of Stirling - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to conduct an event on local government property. An approval is required to ensure that all legislative requirements are met, and to minimise any risk to public health and safety. An event is classed as a gathering for a purpose outside normal use, and includes, but is not limited to, a fair, festival, show or carnival. community fun days, and sporting events. Local government property includes any land belonging to the local council, including roads, parks, reserves, gardens and may include land belonging to state government (e.g. schools).

Development Applications are required for any event operating for more than 48 hours, or that changes the approved use of land, or events that charge an entry fee on local government property.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the External Events Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


1 year from date of issue


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Administering agency

City of Stirling

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.